Who should read this page?
- Are you looking for driving lessons?
- Or already a learner with Driving Advisor?
Then you will need to read and agree to the terms and conditions outlined on this page!
If you’re looking for more general information head over to our FAQ’s section or drop us an email at email@example.com
Who are we?
We are a dedicated group of people committed to reinventing learner driving by using tech and data with a fresh attitude to empower both learners and instructors.
We also are, we have to provide the boring answer!
DrivingAdvisor.co.uk and Driving Advisor branded products (together “Driving Advisor”) (referred to as “us”, “we”, “our” and “Driving Advisor” as contextually required) are provided by Pegasus Bros. Limited, company number 10537867, registered at Enterprise House, The Courtyard, Old Courthouse Road, Bromborough, Wirral CH62 4UE.
Driving Advisor is a business where driving lessons are provided by independent driving instructors (“Partner Instructors”) and facilitated by us.
What we do
It’s our goal to help make the UK’s roads safer places to be and we understand how important it is to learner how to drive. So, we’ve made some cool tech and built a platform to connect learners to a network of driving instructors across the UK.
Our platform is; smart, fun, interactive and, of course, educational. We offer the largest marketplace of independent instructors and use the latest tech available in combination with a network of partner instructors so that learners can be introduced to an Approved Driving Instructor, pay securely (via our payment partner Stripe) and get to work on preparing for their driving test. We are a broker platform acting as an intermediary to get you connected with your chosen Partner Instructor.
Using our products and services
Driving Advisor.co.uk and any Driving Advisor branded apps or sites (licensed or otherwise) are operated Pegasus Bros. Limited (referred to as “us”, “we”, “our” and “Driving Advisor” as contextually required). The terms and conditions outlined apply to the use of our website or app products (“services”).
By using any of our services you agree to comply with our terms and conditions as registered user or as a guest. If you’re not happy to accept these terms or wish to be bound by them, please do not use any product or service provided or branded by Driving Advisor.
You agree to use DrivingAdvisor.co.uk in order to search lesson packages, review driving instructors and make a purchase. We reserved the right to control and restrict access to Driving Advisor.co.uk at any point, without any prior notice.
We work hard to ensure that Driving Advisor.co.uk is available all of the time, but we do not accept any liability, for any reason that our website or service is unavailable at any time or for any period.
You agree that you will use our service for lawful purposes only.
Apps and other products
You agree to use any of the Driving Advisor branded apps for educational and/or consumer purposes only.
We are committed to making sure that Driving Advisor, our products and services are secure and free from bugs or viruses, but we make no guarantee that this will be case.
You are responsible for ensuring that your information technology, computer, its programmes and platform are secure in order to access Driving Advisor and our services. You should use your own virus protection software.
We assume no responsibility and shall not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer or other equipment or other property on account of your access to, use of, or browsing of Driving Advisor or any website linked to it.
Your data and information
Your personal data and information
When you sign-up to Driving Advisor.co.uk and other products you will need provide:
- Your name
- A valid email address
- Mobile number
Should you wish to proceed to purchase with us, you will then be required to provide us with more information:
- Your address
- Your availability
- Valid payment details
If you fail to provide us with a valid form of contact, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate your access to our platform and services. You are responsible for the confidentiality of your login details and any activities that occur on your account.
Should you believe that your account has been compromised, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All of your information is kept secure and we comply with the relevant Data Protection laws applicable to our jurisdiction.
Content you provide
Some of products allow you to provide content, such as; an image for your Driving Advisor learner profile or a review (collectively “Contributions”). When providing such content you acknowledge and agree that:
- All contributions are accurate and genuine
- Do not contain illegal or inappropriate material, language, content or context
- Do not contain any personal or identifiable information
The really important bit… how we use your data and information.
- We will communicate with you via email, we accept no responsibility or liability if you provide an incorrect email address. Unfortunately, you are not able to use Driving Advisor without a valid email address.
- When you sign-up to via Driving Advisor.co.uk or any of our other products, you agree to being contacted for sales purposes.
- You agree to sign-up to promotional and marketing emails when you create an account with us. We will from time to time send you promotional and marketing emails related to our products and services – it’s the best way for us to tell you about cool stuff we’re releasing.
- Should you wish to be removed from any of marketing material, please unsubscribe using the link provided in our emails.
- Your data may be used to help improve our products and services.
Reliance on information posted
Commentary and other materials posted on our site are not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed. We therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by any visitor to our site, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
Our site changes regularly
We aim to update our site regularly, and may change the content at any time. If the need arises, we may suspend access to our site, or close it indefinitely. Any of the material on our site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
The material displayed on our site is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. To the extent permitted by law, we, other members of our group of companies and third parties connected to us hereby expressly exclude:
- All conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity.
Any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with our site or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of our site, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it, including, without limitation any liability for:
- loss of income or revenue;
- loss of business;
- loss of profits or contracts;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of data;
- loss of goodwill;
- wasted management or office time; and
- for any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable, provided that this condition shall not prevent claims for loss of or damage to your tangible property or any other claims for direct financial loss that are not excluded by any of the categories set out above.
Linking to our site
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link from any website that is not owned by you.
Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice. The website from which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in our acceptable use policy.
If you wish to make any use of material on our site other than that set out above, please address your request to email@example.com.
Links from our site
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
Availability of DrivingAdvisor.co.uk and our products
We work hard to make sure that Driving Advisor is available all of the time, but we make no guarantee or commitment to the service being available all of the time.
Purchasing with Driving Advisor
As part of the Driving Advisor we offer a platform to introduce learner drivers and driving instructors, and to facilitate the payment of driving lessons to Driving Advisor Partner Instructors. Driving lessons can be purchased via DrivingAdvisor.co.uk.
We reserve the right, where we believe necessary, to undertake all reasonable action to protect ourselves against fraud, suspicious or invalid redemptions, including but not limited to seeking further verification as to the identity of a customer.
What we offer:
- A platform for Learners to search, review instructors and buy driving lesson packages
- To facilitate payment between the Learner and our Partner Instructor – payments are secure and provided by Stripe.
- We are not a driving school and we do not train nor employ any driving instructors.
Making a purchase with Driving Advisor:
- You will need to provide and submit your personal details as well as valid payment details via Driving Advisor
- You must be the cardholder, or have express permission from the cardholder to use these details
- Payment via credit cards are subject to a 1.8% charge
- Payment via American Express are subject to a 3% charge
- The above charges are applicable to every purchase made via the Driving Advisor platform and non-refundable.
- You must provide current, complete and accurate information and ensure that any information is updated during your use of Driving Advisor.
- Your payment details will be charged the full amount when you complete your purchase
Driving Advisor advertises and offers discounted pricing for first time customers only, these prices are displayed on our website. You are not entitled or permitted to purchase at this discounted package price from Driving Advisor more than once, if you do, we reserve the right to suspend your access and terminate any driving lessons you have booked. You may be charged a cancellation fee if lessons are cancelled, see our terms on Refunds for more information.
All top-up purchases are made at the rates set by our partner instructors, we do not control these prices. Instructor pricing varies, is not guaranteed and we are not responsible for monitoring or controlling instructor rebook pricing.
Test day hire
When you purchase you agree that the minimum rate (the rate may be more) for test day hire is part of your lesson package or at the instructor’s standard rate.
You can alternatively use all of your lesson package hours and make the required top-up nearer your test date.
You accept that you are responsible for providing the correct test information to your instructor. We do not accept any liability for the loss of test fee or cancellation fee. We also require reasonable notice (more than 72-hours) to arrange a test day hire.
All of our partner instructors reserve the right to increase their test day hire at any time, without prior notice. We do not accept any liability for a change of rate.
Payments made off the Driving Advisor platform
There is no need to pay any money to your driving instructor directly if you have purchased through Driving Advisor. If you pay your driving instructor directly in cash or via any other method, we do not accept any responsibility or liability for any driving lessons taken after that point. Your agreement with Driving Advisor will cease and you will need to liaise directly with your driving instructor should any issue arise. Should your instructor ask you to pay him/her directly, please inform firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
Driving Lesson credits
All of the lesson credits (hours) you purchase with Driving Advisor are valid for a period of 12-months. After this time, the credits are invalid to redeem or be refunded.
Complimentary lesson credits
We may from time to time issue complimentary lesson credits on a customer service basis. Any such credits will be issued at our discretion and can be withdrawn at any point.
These credits will be applied directly to your profile to use towards your driving lessons. If any refund is processed from your account, you will not entitled to any credit amount in cash.
Your purchase and paperwork… well it’s all online!
All purchases with Driving Advisor are done so online or over the phone, we do not accept cash!
On successfully purchasing with Driving Advisor you will receive email confirmation – we do not offer or provide any printed versions.
Cancellations and refunds
First lesson money back guarantee
If, after your first driving lesson with a new Driving Advisor instructor (up to a maximum of two new instructors) you are not satisfied with the service provided to you, please notify us within 24 hours of the conclusion of your lesson. In such circumstances we will refund any amount already paid by you for the lesson, to your payment method or Driving Advisor account. For payments by credit card, the amount refunded will be less the credit card transaction fees (1.8%).
Please note, the first lesson money back guarantee only applies if you notify us within 24 hours of conclusion of your lesson that you are dissatisfied with the service. Should you notify us outside of the 24-hour period, we are happy to rematch you with another of our partner instructors (where possible) to complete your remaining hours.
Except as otherwise set out in these Terms all fees paid by you in connection with the Driving Advisor Services are non-refundable unless we (at our sole discretion) determine otherwise.
Nothing in these Terms affects your statutory rights. Please speak to your local Citizens’ Advice bureau for more information.
Refunds after your first driving lesson
We understand that on occasion things don’t quite work out. We are able to offer every learner with a free rematch, so that you can continue your driving lessons with a new instructor.
Should you not wish to continue with another Driving Advisor partner instructor, you can be refunded for the unused hours on your account. We reserve the right to seek confirmation from your driving instructor before proceeding with any refund. You agree to pay for the hours you have taken at the instructor’s standard rate or Driving Advisor’s national rate, whichever is greater.
You may cancel or re-arrange a lesson without penalty, if you confirm with your instructor 48 hours before your lesson begins. If, you cancel or attempt to re-arrange the lesson within 48-hours of your lesson starting, you will be charged in full for the lesson. You must confirm with your Driving Advisor instructor that your lesson has been cancelled or re-arranged.
There are some occasions that we are unable to help learners get on the road with a partner instructor. On the rare occasion that this occurs, we reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to proactively refund within you 72-hours of your original purchase. We will of course contact you via email to confirm that this is happening. Our normal refund timescales will apply.
Processing a refund
Refunds will be processed within 24-hours of your request, this allows us to conduct an appropriate check with your instructor before the refund is processed. All retail refunds take up to a maximum of ten working days to reflect on your bank statement, we have no control over the time it takes to process a refund.
We can and will only refund the amount due to the payment method used to make the original transaction. Please note that if your card has expired, the funds will return to your bank account associated with your original debit or credit card.
Our Partner Driving Instructors
We provide discounted pricing on the initial package to first time customers, only. Any subsequent purchase is made at the instructor’s rate, which we do not control or influence.
Our pricing is controlled by a number of factors, including (not all are listed here): demand, average market pricing, and transmission.
We aim for our pricing to be as fair and as accurate as possible, but it is subject to change at any point and we do not offer any guarantee to hold or honour a quote, unless otherwise stated.
How we get paid
To be able to keep on making cool stuff we need to make sure that we make some money! We’re paid by receiving a percentage of the lesson package that you purchase.
Promotions and discount codes
There are occasions that we run and offer promotions, including but not limited to personalised discount codes. All of our promotions and discount codes are subject to the our standard Terms and Conditions, in addition to the terms below:
- All discounts or codes are applicable to first time purchases with Driving Advisor only, unless otherwise specifically stated.
- First time customers are permitted to use only one discount per purchase. Subsequent purchases will not be eligible for any discounts, unless otherwise specifically stated.
- Our promotions and discounts run for limited periods of time, specified on the adverts, coupons or leaflets.
- We do not offer any guarantee or intention to honour any promotional offer or discount after the expiry date.
- We only provide promotions via drivingadvisor.co.uk, our products or to the email address you registered with. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for any promotions offered by third party websites and will not honour any promotion advertised on such sites.
- A refund or cancellation where a promotional code has been used will invalidate the use of the code by that customer and/or account and they will not be eligible for any first time customer promotion in the future.
- We reserve the right, where we believe necessary, to undertake all reasonable action to protect ourselves against fraud, suspicious or invalid redemptions, including but not limited to seeking further verification as to the identity of a customer.
We hope we don’t have to, but here are our terms on termination!
We reserve the right to suspend, restrict or terminate your access to Driving Advisor and our services at any time without notice, if:
- You have breached our terms and conditions
- You have committed an unlawful act towards us or one of our partners
- We suspect that you have fraudulently obtained or attempted to obtain services using drivingadvisor.co.uk or any of our licenced services. Should we suspect such inappropriate and/or illegal use of our services, we reserve the right to report and/or bring legal action.
- You are under no obligation to use Driving Advisor or our services and may simply stop using them at any time.
The important legal bit
All of our terms are governed by and construed in accordance with English law and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
Intellectual Property rights
You acknowledge that all intellectual property rights in Driving Advisor (including but not limited to text, logos, design, layout, multimedia content, photos and graphics) and the Driving Advisor Services, anywhere in the world, belong to us (or our licensors), that rights in Driving Advisor are licensed (not sold) to you, and that you have no rights in, or to, Driving Advisor other than the right to use it in accordance with these Terms.
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal reference and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to material posted on our site.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of material on our site must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the materials on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
This was last updated in October 2017.